Sleep per chance to dream..Russians ..John Wick and Chernobyl

We all have nights of sleeplessness,  nights when you feel exhausted yet for some ungodly reason sleep    never does come.

Tonight has been one of those nights  for me.

I felt like sleep since 9 pm yet here we are 2 AM and nothing, if anything I feel more awake than. before.

So since I could not sleep I started to look at youtube shorts on my phone which. led me to a clip of a movie called The Final Countdown starting Kurt Douglas and Martin Sheen, the movie was actually quite good, it had a bit of time travel and what if, and planes of every kind.

A solid ok movie if you never seen it i give it a 7 out of 10.

I saw the movie on Peacock and once it was finished Iw was not sure what to watch, after a few minutes of searching. I landed on John Wick 2 but since I had not seen John Wick 1 I had to watch it first.

John Wick was an action film like unlike any I seen before, while the plot was not anything incredibly original, the same story of the loaner bad ass that is dragged into a conflict with impossible odds; the film stile and action scenes were incredibly original and hipnotic in a way.

Of Course you do have to suspend logic for a bit as the movie has some logic holes, amongst them the all popular hero gets captured but instead of a quick execution of course they have to talk first ... 

I guess a nod to Bond villains...

Another issue for me was that John kills at least 50 people in a club and somehow the police is never involved, and being on the run for a mass shooting does not seem to be a concern for our hero.

There seem to be no consequences for all this violence, as all murders seem to be able to be just cleaned/wiped away with a few gold coins.

But this does not take away from the enjoyment of the movie as you are so entertained by the action, the filmography and the style of the picture that you willingly suspend you logic and go on for the ride.

for me John Wick gets a 8 out of 10 - not deep not profound but an enjoyable ride.

lastly I started watching Chernobyl the series on HBo or Max how it is known now.

A gritti dark gritti series that captivates its audience from the beginning as of now I only have watched 1 episode and i give it a 8 out of 10 sof far.


now lets see if i can sleep ...


Mayito


Comments